I finally figured out how to call the the OBOp class with the following
code:

my $genOp = Chemistry::OpenBabel::OBOp::FindType("gen3d");
$genOp->Do($obMol);

However, this brought up a new problem, where I get the error message,
"Segmentation fault." This appears to be an issue with the binding, if I'm
not mistaken. The version of OpenBabel I'm using now is 2.2.3, not 2.3.2,
and the system administrator on our cluster is hesitant in updating, as it
is very troublesome. Has anyone experienced this error before? Would anyone
know if this issue is resolved in later versions? Thank you very much for
any insight.

Wallace

--
Wallace Chan