On 2/4/14, 6:28 PM, Noel O'Boyle wrote:
> It would be nice to see some explicit examples of how Open Babel might
> be used in this way, using one or all of these tools.

Let's say you have a file commmands.sh:
---
obabel some_file1 -Osome_other_file1.other_format
obabel some_file2 -Osome_other_file2.other_format
---

With PAR, you run them like this in parallel:

par -i commands.sh -v -o log # all your cores will be used by default

to check the logs (in case you are really careful about
what you are doing, e.g. when preparing datasets for scientific use),
I recommend:

sort -u log | less