Well, you have been asked to provide your input file for easier debugging, one
option could be to try that…
Anyway, obconformer only outputs one conformer according to it’s documentation,
that one is written on stdout, so it’s included in your output (which by the
way didn’t appear when I read the message in my email, only on
forums.openbabel.org). If you would like to have it in a file, the doc states
that you need to pipe it like:
/usr/local/bin/obconformer 10 10 crystal_ligand.sdf > generatedconformer.sdf

Have you made sure that when you call obabel, it’s your newly compiled version
that’s compiled? If you run obabel -V, it will tell you the compilation date
together with the version number. Did you get any messages during the
recompilation?

Kind regards,
Fredrik