> This question has come up before. Can I ask why you would find this useful?
> As in, what are trying to do?

Given a list of SMILES, we compute thermochemical parameters,
enthalpy, entropy etc. This list is generated by a code that cannot
distinguish cis/trans or chiral isomers but the calculated results
change for each isomer. So we want to generate all isomers for each
SMILES.

As Gonzalo mentioned, one can generate cis/trans isomers or chiral
isomers by editing SMILES. But the algorithm gets complicated if there
are more than one double bond or chiral centers. There is actually a
paper discussing about an algorithm
https://arxiv.org/pdf/1303.1724.pdf.

Thank you,
Murat