Dear Geoff,

As promised, here are the molecules we internally used for testing and
validation of our QEq implementation. I've attached them as a tar file
containing files in COF and MOL2 format. I tried a zip file first but
apparently that extension is blacklisted for the mailing list. I hope the .tar
file will work, and my apologies if you receive this twice.

The results are divided into three categories:

* Metal halides (covering Table II in the Rappé and Goddard paper; we used
lambda = 0.5)
* Molecules (covering Tables III and (partially) IV)
* NaCl clusters (covering Figure 6)

We took some care to use the geometries from the references given in the paper.

For atoms with a principal quantum number of n = 4 and higher, the analytical
expressions we use for the Coulomb integrals become numerically unstable. For
those cases we use a rescaling to n = 3 (using equation 17 from Rappé and
Goddard). For molecules involving those atoms, the deviations from the values
in the literature are thus slightly higher.

The only molecules, as far as I know, with charges that really do not match
those in the QEq paper of Rappé and Goddard, are lithium hydride (LiH) and
silane (SiH4).

For SiH4 I suspect that there's an error in the table, and that the hydrogen
charges reported for silane actually belong to the molecule directly above that
in Table IV, which is ketene, H2C=C=O.

For LiH I don't know what the problem is. Any change to the parameters or
functional forms for hydrogen will change the hydrogen charges on other
molecules so that *they* no longer match, so I could not find a way to
reproduce the LiH charges.

Kind regards,

Paul Becherer
Development Scientist