Hi Chris,

Sorry for the delay.

The only detail is whatever you get when you type "obabel -L" and the name
of the descriptor.

To answer some of the questions, descriptors that return 'true' or 'false'
are really filters, e.g. the "-s". They are handled by the same code that
handles true descriptors. And I agree about Lipinski - this should have
returned the number of failures, rather than a true or false - it has
always bugged me. Making this change breaks any code relying on this, but
it's almost useless as it is.

We also need a HAC (heavy atom count) and 'atoms' should always return the
same results regardless of whether hydrogens or explicit or not (this
should be true for all descriptors).

Regarding cansmi (the following example probably makes more sense where the
input is not SMILES):
obabel -:CO -:OC --filter "cansmi=CO" -osmi
CO
OC

Actually, this should be fixed as the following should really give the same
result:
  obabel -:CO -:OC --filter "cansmi=OC" -osmi
but currently gives 0 results. There's no reason why OB can't convert OC to
CO before doing the search.

Formula would be similar.

As you hint, it would be good to extend 'nF' to arbitary atoms. There's
nothing special about fluorine.

Maybe this is an area worth refreshing over the next while, both in terms
of documentation and functionality.

Regards,
- Noel