Hi Andreas,

I have Ubuntu 10.4 running on an Core 2 Duo machine with SATA-Harddisk. The LCR stalling is definatly not a problem of a insufficient CPU power. But every time a stalling message apears i can see heavy harddisk access.

regards
Konrad

Am 11.08.2010 09:08, schrieb Andreas.Eversberg:
hi,

what machine do you use? it smells like IDE harddisk. i also have IDE on a test
system. better get rid of it.

regards,

andreas

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: openbsc-boun...@lists.gnumonks.org
[mailto:openbsc-boun...@lists.gnumonks.org] Im Auftrag von Konrad Meier
Gesendet: Dienstag, 10. August 2010 15:56
An: OpenBSC list
Betreff: Avoid LCR-Stalling

Dear List,

At the moment I am building a GSM-Network with OpenBSC and three NanoBTS
at the University of Freiburg. The purpose of this network is teaching
and research. The Network has an ISDN BRI Interface which allows every
gsm-phone to be called over a land line telephony number.

We had huge problems with LCR-Stalling in our setup which lead to a
increasing delay during a call (up to 6-10 seconds...). We could trace
the problem to lookups in the database hlr.sqlite3. After some time the
database was about 18MB big and it took some time to perform operations
in the database.

The quick solution was to copy the database to a RAM-Disk. A RAM-Disk
can be created like this:
   sudo mount -t tmpfs -o size=300M tmpfs ramdisk

After that, we never had seen stalling anymore.

But this can only be considered as a quick hack because in case of a
system failure all changes to the database are lost.

Is someone at the moment working on a interface to a better database
system? Maybe I find some student who can do this.

Regards
   Konrad Meier