This or AirDroid.  It turns your phone into a webserver and allows you to
transfer files over wifi.

The guy talking about MTP (or whatever it's called) is right.  You can't
mount it as a filesystem anymore unless your system supports this.  This is
an improvement, though, as before, Android would unmount the SD card before
providing the computer access to the filesystem.  Any apps with open files
might have problems.  I'm also guessing that more problems were presented
when it was internal storage instead of just an SD card.

The downside: if your OS doesn't support MTP, you have to use something
like AirDroid (or Kies, which relies on Java & Flash -- Airdroid does not).