On 2016-04-17 11:39, Pau Amaro-Seoane wrote:
PS: As an example, when I try to copy a directory with mp3 files in it, I get

$cp -r ./a_tickle_in_the_heart_mp3/ /home/pau/
cp: a_tickle_in_the_heart_mp3/bei_mir_bistu_sheyn.mp3: Invalid argument

Firstly I assume the mount command in your original post is a typo

"mount -t ext2fs /dev/sdbi /mnt" would be invalid so you likely meant

# mount -t ext2fs /dev/sd2i /mnt

On mounting a foreign file system ownership of files is assumed (I think .. no OpenBSD box here) to be the same as the owner of the directory used for mounting. So /mnt files would be owned by root.

Secondly, the option -r does not exist in OpenBSD. Unless you mean -R for recursive. Try

$ mkdir ~/mnt
$ doas mount_ext2fs /dev/sd2i /home/pau/mnt
$ cp -R /home/pau/mnt/a_tickle_in_the_heart_mp3 /home/pau

Regards
and good luck!