Thanks for the reply.
Yes, it seems to have been resolved, but I'm still
not sure what caused it in the first place.

It began a few weeks ago from a fresh install
and updates going back to -current
AMD64 12/21/16.
So I did a fresh install of 6.1 beta AMD64 3/16/17 19:13
and it still did it.

Then with a fresh install of
6.1 beta AMD64 3/17/17 3:12 and forward,
it hasn't happened again so far.

I'm sorry I can't add any useful info to this issue.
                            Thanks,  Ed