On 6 Oct 2017 at 14:11, Stuart Henderson wrote:

On 2017-10-01, Ed  D. <li...@rensseltucky.com> wrote:
> NOTE: fe80:0:0:0:f44b:2aff:fe77:33d0%em2
> in mygate is based on Comcast stating
> "The IPv6 default gateway will be the
> IPv6 link local address of the
> LAN interface of the Business IP Gateway."
> I got in as admin and got this value.

Ah, so this is a bit of important information that was missing. This
"business IP gateway" is already the router then and is presumably
doing
DHCPv6-PD. With that type of setup you will probably need to either
bridge or NAT.

=======================================

Thanks for the reply.

In my case, I have a block of 5 static IPv4 addresses and
when checking my account I see that I've been given a
static IPv6 address too.

I have no trouble connecting my OpenBSD based router
(6.2 AMD64  as of 10-4-17)

I'm using various tweaks of the read-me dhcpcd.conf file
with the dhcpcd-6.11.5p4 package at
/usr/local/share/doc/pkg-readmes

I also see when I log into the Comcast box that it recognises
my router.

My only problem now is getting my PC's on my LAN to work.

They all get an IPv6 address and gateway, but no IPv6  DNS
server addresses of leases.

>From a PC I can ping the internal interface of the router and
the IPv6 address of te external interface of the router.

But no PC's can actually "talk" to the Internet. and they fail
http://test-ipv6-ct.comcast.net/.

I'm spending my time on this trying to figure out why.

Any suggestions?      Thanks,  Ed