Hi Massimiliano, Hi Michael,

in fact I did nothing more than you described - I run Mozilla 1.4 un Linux with a user-based installation - I dont know if the seccllab plugin will install in the "root" of mozilla or the user-space

Oli

Massimiliano Pala wrote:
Michael Bell wrote:

Oliver Welter wrote:

[...]

Stop. One moment please. You mean you installed secclab successfully and it works with OpenCA? I failed several times. Can you shortly describe what you do? I would add this to the OpenCA guide as an alternative.

The reason is very simple. If secclab works then there is the first full open source solution for trustcenters consisting only of "standard" components with support for HSMs (Luna) and smartcardlogin (OpenSC and perhaps Musclecard) via a standard Open Source browser.

Indeed it is very easy to install it. I guess you have to start mozilla
with "writing" permission (so if you have a system-wide installation you
have to run it from the root account on UNiX).

The do as follows:

    - go to http://secclab.mozdev.org/
    - go to installation (not the downloads as there is not the
      gcc3 version listed, there)
    - click on the install and wait... in few seconds it should
      give you the installation process

One thing I noticed it it the fact that our signing form are not compliant
with the signString() javascript function of the secclab... but this it is
a minor problem. There is also a test form, try it... :-D