Chris Covell wrote:
Michael,

On Wed, 2004-05-19 at 11:32, Michael Konietzka wrote:

Ok, but how should I handle the different keyUsage in certification process?

The OpenCA way of doing this is to have a different "Role" for each certificate type. So I would have a "Sign" role where the key usage is set to: keyUsage = nonRepudiation, digitalSignature extendedKeyUsage: TLS Web client authentication, E-mail protection

and a "Encrypt" role where the key usage is set to:
keyUsage = keyEncipherment, dataEncipherment, keyAgreement

OK, done it this way using two different roles and it worked. But I am using for both certificates the client-side generation. Michael Bell said, for key recovery of the decryption certs i should use the batch processor. So i will check this out.

Best regards
 Michael
--
Dipl.-Inform. Michael Konietzka  Schlund + Partner AG
- Development UNIX -             Brauerstraße 48