[EMAIL PROTECTED] schrieb am 25.06.04 10:38:39:
> 
> Hi,
> 
> I'm using OpenCA 0.9.1.7.
> 
> I wonder if it is possible to include several OU (Organisational Unit) into 
> the DN (Distinguished Name) of a certificate ? 
> 
> I think it is  possible to have this fields several times in the DN (and if 
> I'm right it is either the only one that could have multiple occurences...)
> 
> The interface proposes only the 'Certificate Request Group'; I've already 
> modified the values of the variables in the config files to act on this item.
> 
> TIA,
> 
> Pascal
> -- 



Hello Pascal,

yes, it is possible to have more than one OU.

edit the file openca/etc/servers/pub.conf(.template)

Now it depends on which type you use (serverside keygeneration, mozilla, ie etc.). 
Let's assume you have server

Goto the section 
## =======[ DN_TYPE ::= BASIC ] =======

there's an entry DN_TYPE_BASIC_ELEMENTS (i think it's normally "emailadress" "cn" 
"ou", but I may be wrong). Just change this line to - say - 

DN_TYPE_BASIC_ELEMENTS "CN" "OU" "OU" "OU"

Now you have to change/add the 
DN_TYPE_BASIC_ELEMENT_#-entrys (where # is the ordered number of 
DN_TYPE_BASIC_ELEMENTS, so 1 for "CN", 2 for the 1st "OU" 3 for the 2nd "OU" and 4 for 
the 3rd "OU")

You can use the following:

DN_TYPE_BASIC_ELEMENT_2    "this is the suborganization"
(this is the name of the field)

DN_TYPE_BASIC_ELEMENT_2_MINIMUM_LENGTH 0
(no min length)

DN_TYPE_BASIC_ELEMENT_2_REQUIRED "YES"
(if required, elsewise "NO")

if you want the user to choose from given selections, use additionally

DN_TYPE_BASIC_ELEMENT_2_SLECT "option1" "option2" "option3"



This should be it.

One thing: There is a similar section in ca.conf(.template), which is used for the 
initial certificates for the Administrator (at CA-Initialization).


Bye,

Gregor

_______________________________________________________
WEB.DE Video-Mail - Sagen Sie mehr mit bewegten Bildern
Informationen unter: http://freemail.web.de/?mc=021199



-------------------------------------------------------
This SF.Net email sponsored by Black Hat Briefings & Training.
Attend Black Hat Briefings & Training, Las Vegas July 24-29 - 
digital self defense, top technical experts, no vendor pitches, 
unmatched networking opportunities. Visit www.blackhat.com
_______________________________________________
Openca-Users mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/openca-users

Reply via email to