Hi Paolo,

> I would like to install both the online and offline components on the
> same server. Yes I know that in OpenCA Guide there is 4.2 How to setup etc
> but I have the feeling that the suggestion applies to both ca and ra to
> show up under the same URL.
> What I want to do is to have only 1 physical server and have two websites,
> one for ca and the other for ra eg. ca.spe.net and ra.spe.net
> Before messing up everything I would like to know if someone knows the
> correct way to do it.

generally this is not too difficult, you could set up VirtualHost
directives for your nodes and point the CGI and htdocs directories
to the right places.

But unfortunately it is not possible to run SSL enabled virtual hosts
with different DNS names on the same IP address.

To make your approach work you will have to choose one of the
following evils:

- bind to multiple IP addresses (IP based VirtualHost)
- issue "wildcard" certificates (*.spe.net) for you web server certs
  and use unique ports for each SSL VirtualHost

I'd recommend the first one, the latter is not supported well by
most browsers.

Or better yet, use one single DNS name and distinguish between interfaces
using the URI path components. But wait, that's what you did not want
in the first place...

Martin