I've issued certificates with multiple Subject Alternative Names, thus far
usually with one DNS SAN, and at least two IP SAN's, without any problems. I
usually add them on the RA interface (as they don't come through on CSRs
generated with autosscep), but they always end up on the cert ....

This is on an installation that is at least two years old, running:
OpenSSL         0.9.135.2.4
Tools   0.4.3
DB      2.0.5
Configuration   1.5.3