Chances are that you did not change the default signature hash (which is
SHA256 in this version), and your client machine does not support
signatures created with SHA256
Either change the default algorithm to SHA1 or upgrade the client you
are using to connect to the interface
This has been discussed on the list recently I believe
-Scott

David W Blaine wrote:

> Thanks, John.
>
> I already ran into this using Postgres.... This patch is already
> installed. I am using DC style certificates (which is new to me and I
> had to change a bunch of the templates to support this). To reiterate,
> here is the errors I get:
>
> In IE 6, I get the error:
>
> Error Code: 700
>

>       The PKCS#7-object signals an error. The signature is not valid.
>
> PKCS#7-Error 7932039: OpenCA::PKCS7->parseDepth: There is a problem
> with the verification of the chain. ( error:7:certificate signature
> failure)
>

> In Firefox 3, I get the error:
>
> Error Code: 6203
>       The request is not signed!
>

> after a popup that states "sign is needed to proceed"

> DAVID BLAINE, GCIA , CISSP
> GDLS-C Lead Information Risk Manager (LIRM)
> CSC
>
> 6000 E. 17 Mile Rd. Sterling Heights MI 48313
> GIS | o: 586.825.7650 | c: 810.217.8041 | f: 586.825.8606 |
> dblai...@csc.com | www.csc.com
>
> This is a PRIVATE message. If you are not the intended recipient,
> please delete without copying and kindly advise us by e-mail of the
> mistake in delivery.
> NOTE: Regardless of content, this e-mail shall not operate to bind CSC
> to any order or other contract unless pursuant to explicit written
> agreement or government initiative expressly permitting the use of
> e-mail for such purpose.

Scott Rea
Director, HEBCA|USHER Operating Authority
Dartmouth Senior PKI Architect
Peter Kiewit Computing Services
Dartmouth College
HB 6238, #058 Sudikoff