On Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 11:22:15AM -0400, Massimiliano Pala wrote:
> On 06/21/2010 03:34 AM, Geert Hendrickx wrote:
> >One remaining question regarding Auto Certificate Issuing: the CA web-GUI
> >offers active/deactivate only, but the "status" screen suggests that more
> >configuration should be possible, eg. approved by, RA signature required,
> >etc.  How can these things be configured?
>
> Just try the enable option. At that point, before actually enabling the CRL
> issuing, you can set the configuration.

The "Active" menu entry takes me to a CA key passphrase form, and after
submitting that, I get a long delay and eventually an incomplete status
overview screen (html code is interrupted).  The certificate issuing is
enabled though, but no opportunity to modify the displayed options.

> >Another one is the "auto CRL issuing stops".
>
> For this, I would need some more details, especially about: which version
> you are using, if you applied all the patches that are available on the
> wiki, and the logs (try to find where the CRL stops.. it should report
> some errors..). The logs can be found in PREFIX/var/openca/log/stderr.log.

I'm running openca-base-1.1.0 with openca-tools-1.3.0, the latest versions
offered on the website.  I see 4 patches on the wiki but none of them seems
relevant (postgresql fix, viewcrl long serial issue, and 2 charset/encoding
issues, are there others?).

This is what is logged when the auto CRL issuing is aborted:
(as reported in my previous mail)

OpenCA: General error trapped 700: The compilation of the command
cmdStartAutoCRL failed. Can't locate object method "setHeaderAttribute"
via package "OpenCA::CRL" at /opt/openca-base-1.1.0/lib/openca/perl_mo
dules/perl5/OpenCA/CRL.pm line 453.<br>

        Geert

--
Geert Hendrickx  -=-  g...@telenet.be  -=-  PGP: 0xC4BB9E9F