Hi,

you might want to check that mysql is responding on localhost port 3306
by doing:

   $ telnet localhost 3306

if it works, great. If it does not, you need to check the mysql config.
If, instead you need to change the default configuration in openca,
remember to change the .template files, not the .xml files as they
get over-written when openca starts!

Let me know if you managed to fix the issue.

Cheers,
Max