Hello,

finaly we have received some info from Microsoft's IE team. We will try to
test the workaround. I remember trying to run CA without frames without
success, but maybe we did something wrong.

"...
PROBLEM:

On Vista SP1, if you are using certenroll inside of a frame and you call
CreateRequest then the user will be prompted with our message box to allow
creating the certificate request.

On Win7, if you are using certenroll inside of a frame and you call
CreateObject on the factory then the user will NOT be prompted and the code
assumes the user clicked "cancel" which does not allow the object to be
created and the whole thing fails...

- In Vista SP1, we obtained the handle to the window by calling
GetForegroundWindow()

- In Win7, we obtain the handle to the window by asking the browser object
for its handle. However, the handle appears to be invalid when it is called
within a frame

The certenroll control must NOT be inside an iframe. The control must be in
the parent frame and the child frame can access the object from the parent
frame.

This works if they are in the same domain. If they are in different
subdomains then you must use document.domain = "x.com" in both the child and
parent frames

WORKAROUND :

Put certenroll in the topmost parent frame. Children can access it using
window.parent if necessary [as long as the domain is the same]

ANOTHER POSSIBLE FIX:

The fix is around 4 lines of new code + 4 lines changes, here is the fix:

How To Retrieve the Top-Level IWebBrowser2 Interface from an ActiveX Control

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q257717/

..."

Tom