Hi,

Has anyone implemented AppletManagerCardService?

I want to abstract the process of installing javacard applets so that I
don't have to use all kinds of different installation code. We are
writing an application targetted at virtually any javacard, so we don't
really want to write specific installation code for every different kind
of javacard.

However, as many cards do not use the common CAP file format, and there
seem to be no implementations of AppletManagerCardService or
AppletAccessService around, I'm going to have to do it myself anyway
aren't I?

Is there work being done on this? The OCF 1.2 APIs look incomplete
(AppletCode does not have any meaningful docs).

I would be willing to try to develop the application management code for
Dallas Semi iButtons, as that is my core test platform, if someone can
help me piece together the OCF APIs, and maybe do the same in return for
other javacards.

This work would also have to go hand in hand with creating
javacard-specific Selector code (as I understand it the AppletSelector in
OCF 1.2 may not work with ibuttons). Currently DalSemi's JiB Selector
class will select an application or install it if it is not present, so
all the capabilities are there.

Anyone excited by this idea? The APDUs are out of the way with OCF, so
how about we get rid of all the applet insall hassles?!

Cheers

---
> Visit the OpenCard web site at http://www.opencard.org/ for more
> information on OpenCard---binaries, source code, documents.
> This list is being archived at http://www.opencard.org/archive/opencard/

! To unsubscribe from the [EMAIL PROTECTED] mailing list send an email
!                           [EMAIL PROTECTED]
! containing the word
!                           unsubscribe
! in the body.