Hi,

I'm trying to use OCF 1.2 with a DalSemi iButton (1.11) and I'm having
problems.

When I try to get a SmartCard for it (when it is inserted) using the
BasicAppletCardService I get a null.

The code I'm using is:

CardRequest req = new CardRequest( CardRequest.NEWCARD,
event.getTerminal(), BasicAppletCardService.class);

mysmartcard = SmartCard.getSmartCard( event, req);

Now, mysmartcard is always null. However I know that in the past if I
just get a generic smartcard using the deprecated APIs I get one (but
without the card service available I assume). I believe this means that
the CardServiceRegistry thinks that the iButton does not support
BasicAppletCardService – but if this is the case how do I tell it that it
that it does?

Our application is to be deployed in an "any smart card" environment
(with certain limitations – i.e. Support for ISO applet selection etc.)
and we don't want to have to rely on the user changing config files or
system properties.

Can anybody explain what we should do?

Kind regards,
Marc

---
> Visit the OpenCard web site at http://www.opencard.org/ for more
> information on OpenCard---binaries, source code, documents.
> This list is being archived at http://www.opencard.org/archive/opencard/

! To unsubscribe from the [EMAIL PROTECTED] mailing list send an email
!                           [EMAIL PROTECTED]
! containing the word
!                           unsubscribe
! in the body.