Hello,

Emmanuel Lagare wrote:
> Hi! Got a question. I'm having a problem when I try to write an APDU.
> I get this exception:
> opencard.core.terminal.CardTerminalException: Pcsc10CardTerminal: PCSC
> Exception  in method SCardTransmit: error occurred with SCardTransmit
> return code = 00000057
> [...]
> I read through the archive and saw a similar problem which was solved
> by "proper formatting of the APDU". What does this mean?

Actually, we usually see this error when one needs to send long APDU
commands in T=0 case4 and this error occurs because the PC/SC wrapper
that is distributed with OCF1.2 does not handle APDU chaining.

You still have the possibility to work at TPDU level and do the
chaining in your application or CardService, but that's not very
clean as it implies modifying the application code when you change
for an other CardTerminal, e.g., a pure-java one that handles the
chaining.

In fact, we made a mistake until version 1.1.1 of OCF as the OCF
specs did not specify anything on what the CardTerminal behavior
"should" be.. (and so the PC/SC wrapper was not buggy, it's just
that half of the CardTerminal implementations would choose one
way and the other half the opposite.. :-( ). This has been fixed,
and now OCF specifies that the CardTerminal should take care of
long APDUs chaining in T=0.

So, I have posted a message on the OCF mailing-list last december
with a ZIP file containing a new version, developed at Gemplus R&D
Montreal, of this driver. Could you please try this one and tell us
if you still have the problem? The URL of my saved message is:

        http://www.opencard.org/archive/opencard/1768.html

You will find the sources and a ready-to-use JAR file in
the "newpcsc.zip" attachement link.

(BTW, if you still have the error, then it means that it was not
a "chaining" problem ;-D).

Hope this will help anyway.

Cheers,
Christophe.

 = [USPT000] Zero Click Shopping: A method of using javascript or =
 = similar technology to produce a series of Web page-displayed   =
 = links or images that, when "rolled over" by a customer's mouse =
 = either causes a purchase to be consummated or causes a series  =
 = of preselected items to be placed in a single data file so that=
 = the customer can purchase all selected items at the same time  =
 = instead of having to perform a series of separate transactions.=
 = (from /. "Stupid Patent Tricks Contest" http://slashdot.org/)  =
[EMAIL PROTECTED] - Gemplus Research Lab
Phone: +33 4-42-36-57-83 | Disclaimer: I don't speak for Gemplus
Gemplus doesn't speak for me... it is better that way!