Chris,

        Once gain, thanks for taking time.  But does the GPK8000 card by Gemplus
support the FileAccessCardService? I have actually 2 cards here, a GemExpresso PK211
and that GPK8000 card using a
GEMPC430 reader? And if actually not, any suggestion on how do I use OCF to work with
this card?

Thanks again

Harley

6/19/01 10:36:21 PM, Christophe Muller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Hello,
>
>Harley V.Barrales wrote:
>> CardRequest cr = new CardRequest(CardRequest.NEWCARD, null, null);
>>
>> I can successfully create a SmartCard object.
>
>This call means that you are not requesting a card with a
>particular functionalty, i.e., any card insterted will create
>the SmartCard object.
>
>> But when I tried to invoke the followng codes:
>>
>> FileAccessCardService facs = (FileAccessCardService)
>> sc.getCardService(FileAccessCardService.class, true);
>>
>> the exception error  occurs...
>
>Which mean that you have either:
>
> - inserted a card that cannot do the "FileAccess" functionality
>   (as defined by the OCF interface you are requesting), or
>
> - that has no implementation for this interface (a CardService,
>   in the OCF vocabulary), or
>
> - that this implementation has not been declared as available
>   in your "opencard.properties" file where you declare available
>   CardServiceFactories for your platform, see for more details:
>   http://www.opencard.org/docs/pguide/PGuide.html#HDRCONFIGURINGTHEOCF
>   on declaring factories, "opencard.properties" file, etc. or
>
> - that the declared factory has not "recognized" the card, either
>   by looking at its ATR or by having a dialog with it.
>
>I hope I haven't forgot one or two possible reasons, but you get
>the idea.. at one point or another OCF is trying to match a couple
>of CardService interface (functionality), and an actual card that
>has to be recognized by a factory. if no implementation exist or has
>been declared (in the properties file) or corresponds to the actual
>card, then a "ClassNotFoundException" is thrown (which BTW is probably
>not a good choice, because it confuses users).
>
>> It seems that the CardRequest requires to have the constructor as
>> follows :
>>
>> CardRequest cr = new CardRequest(CardRequest.NEWCARD, null,
>> FileAccessCardService.class);
>>

>This is basically equivalent except that you ask OCF to check
>for the "CardService implementation"<->"actual card inserted"
>couple earlier in the process and to block until the right type
>of card is inserted..
>
>> But whenever I tried to do so, the program hangs in the SmartCard
>> object creation.
>
>It makes sense.
>
>Hope it'll help.
>
>Cheers,
>Christophe.
>
> = "The church is near, but the road is slippery. The bar is far away, =
> =  but I will walk carefully."     --Russian Proverb                  =
>--
>[EMAIL PROTECTED] - Gemplus Research Lab
>Phone: +33 4-42-36-57-83 | Disclaimer: I don't speak for Gemplus
>Gemplus doesn't speak for me... it is better that way!

---
> Visit the OpenCard web site at http://www.opencard.org/ for more
> information on OpenCard---binaries, source code, documents.
> This list is being archived at http://www.opencard.org/archive/opencard/

! To unsubscribe from the [EMAIL PROTECTED] mailing list send an email
!                           [EMAIL PROTECTED]
! containing the word
!                           unsubscribe
! in the body.