Hello guys,

        I have for the week pained on how to set up my OCF environment using the PCSC
wrapper. It is only now that I set up it successfully and get rid of some painful
ClassNotfoundException, etc. Thanks to
Christope Muller for his help...

        For you guys who has problems with the configuration, I suggest you do the
following:

        1. Go to the opencard portal in gemplus developer site.
                http://www.gemplus.fr/developers/technologies/opencard/

        2. Click on the pre-requisites and make sure you have downloaded all the
required zipped files, primarily, JDK, Java comm API and the OCF install OCF class.

        3. If you are using a gemplus terminal, download the PC/SC Wrapper. Follow the
installation procedure. I suggest that you just copy the required jar to the
JRE\LIB\EXT folder. Make sure that your classpath
does not have the old reference-terminals-windows.jar otherwise the buggy your setup
will become.

        4. Download the Generic Card Services zip file for GEMPLUS (That is if you are
using GEMPLUS) and just the same, copy the jar to the JRE\LIB\EXT folder.

        5. If you are using the GPK cards then download the GPK CardServices, extact
the jar file and store it in the folder mentione above.

        6. Please make sure that you have installed the driver required for the card
reader and that you have changed your system path to OCF\LIB folder.

        7. Restart your PC and presto, you can begin  programming with OCF.

        Christophe, thanks again dude.

Regards,

Harley

---
> Visit the OpenCard web site at http://www.opencard.org/ for more
> information on OpenCard---binaries, source code, documents.
> This list is being archived at http://www.opencard.org/archive/opencard/

! To unsubscribe from the [EMAIL PROTECTED] mailing list send an email
!                           [EMAIL PROTECTED]
! containing the word
!                           unsubscribe
! in the body.