Hi all,
        I have implemented the JAAS authentication for a web-based application successfully. But, when I went through the code of Smartjaas, I found it a little bit different. There was no callback mechanism implemented. Can't we achieve this callback mechanism? One more question is that in the code, they tried to invoke an application stored at some location in a smartcard after successful authentication. Why should the application reside in the smart card only? It can as well reside on the hard-disc and still we can use smartcard authentication.
  Please clarify.

Thanks
Gopal Desikan