>Any way I would like to hear from people who have an opinion - it is not
>really fair to criticize the existing gui without offering constructive
>alternatives; i am trying to offer such alternatives, but since I have no
>feedback - well, anyway, _I like it.

Eric,

 I guess my message didn't get through. Since you didn't stuff the MetaCard
stacks, I didn't get them in any usable format. They went through Eudora's
text conversion, some 7-bit Unix servers and some other strange things that
happen on internet and caused MetaCard to badly choke on them. If you could
probably re-send a stuffed, binhexed or whatever-ized version that gets
across OK, I wouldn't mind having a look at you.

>You can I suppose guess why I am not rushing to draft another partnership or
>license agreement - I do not like to waste my time drawing up projects to
>watch them gather dust (remember the partnership skeleton I circulated? So do
>I - it did get a couple comments, but I definitely have no sense of 'hey we
>_need an organisation to get anywhere' - anarchy is fine by me but I do need
>feedback on the UI because there is no sense 'improving' something only to
>find out 'hey, on an IBM it looks like $41+.'

 As to the lack of messages from the list -- there have been a good number
in recent days, maybe you really _were_ unsubscribed somehow? To be on the
safe side I'm CCing this message to your address.

>Uli had mentioned helping with the cross platform aspects - and if you or
>alain could upload the stacks I sent (which have new menus which work and
>submenus which are skeletal because I have no license) that would be really
>appreciated.

 Although I got a full version of MC once, I doubt I'll be able to help
much with submenus -- my version is a pre-submenus variant of MetaCard :-(

Cheers,
-- M. Uli Kusterer

             http://www.weblayout.com/witness
       'The Witnesses of TeachText are everywhere...'