At 12:21 PM -0700 on 4/4/00, Alain Farmer wrote:
>> Alain: For the record, I would like to have as much
>> of FreeCard in stack-form as possible. Stack-based
>> tool(s) to create Xternals and/or a stack-based
>> FreeCard syntax editor (e.g. augment FC's parser
>> with new vocabulary or grammar).
>
>Uli: I doubt it'll really be feasible to make the
>interpreter extensible using FreeScript.
>
>Alain: That is NOT exactly what I am suggesting, Uli.

Fine. It's what I'm suggesting, then.

<snip description of NuParser>

>Uli: We will keep it extensible and we'll very likely
>try to make it modular so people can remove the parts
>they don't need...
>
>Alain: Do they have to play with the source-code?

It'd be questions asked when FreeCard is compiled. You (obviosuly)
can't use FreeScript or FreeCard when compiling them, so it won't be
done in FreeCard.

>Alain: There is hope then. His feedback on this idea
>of mine was more favorable than yours, Uli. And
>Adrian's parser is also a possibility  ;-)

Depending on how long it takes to get 1.0 out once we have an
Interpreter, it might even make it into FreeCard 1.

>Alain: Absolutely! User-defined properties are the way
>to go. So you don't have just one container for the
>stack ... you have as many containers as you want! And
>no external files, no hidden parts, etc. Clean and
>automatic. You gotta love it!

I have no problem with adding this to the Interpreter. A cinch, really.