Essentially it does depend on your opencard.properties file*. You can make your config more generic, to the point where it can support any PCSC readers (serial or usb), but your current setting may be specific to the GCR400/500 so you may need to change it.

* I'm assuming your using opencard.properties and haven't written a bespoke property loader or hard coded it within your code.

cheers

Eric Espares wrote:
Hi,

We have an existing Java management application with
the use of Smart Card. At present we use GCR400/500 as
card terminals with serial-port. But we're planning to
use such reader like GemPC430 has an USB-port. What if
we want to use this kind of card reader (GemPC430),
should the software be modified or is it just a
setting in some opencard-config? Any input?

Thanks,
Eric

Free Pop-Up Blocker - Get it now
http://companion.yahoo.com/

---

Visit the OpenCard web site at http://www.opencard.org/ for more
information on OpenCard---binaries, source code, documents.
This list is being archived at http://www.opencard.org/archive/opencard/

! To unsubscribe from the [EMAIL PROTECTED] mailing list send an email
! [EMAIL PROTECTED]
! containing the word
! unsubscribe ! in the body.

---