On Friday, March 19, 2004, at 01:34PM, Peter Tomlinson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Bernhard,
>
>Direct input of PIN to the Javacard? How? PIN pad actually on the card?
>Biometric sensor on the card? Or secure extensions to card readers to allow
>input? I just do not understand the architecture of what you are trying to
>do.

A biometric sensor on the card is not in the range of this specification
as I don't know anything about Biometric sensors for smart cards.
But it could be added, of course.

The idea is to create a specification for a security token that may support
CLC and offers some kind of input device on the token itself.
Trusting a card reader always means your're expecting the card reader to be
tamper proof. I don't think that's a good idea. The secure input device
should be on the token you're carrying with you.

Imagine a combination lock on a USB stick, for example. That's a very
straightforward and convenient form to enter a PIN everybody understands
from using mechanical combination locks. It should be inexpensive to build
something like that into a USB stick.
The USB stick could have to caps: A covered combination lock on one side,
the USB connector on the other side.

---
> Visit the OpenCard web site at http://www.opencard.org/ for more
> information on OpenCard---binaries, source code, documents.
> This list is being archived at http://www.opencard.org/archive/opencard/

! To unsubscribe from the [EMAIL PROTECTED] mailing list send an email
!                           [EMAIL PROTECTED]
! containing the word
!                           unsubscribe
! in the body.