Hi there all.
I don't know if u can help me, but I think this is worth a try.

I have made a demo program that uses OCF & javax.comm classes to work on Giesecke & Devrient starcos spk 2.3 cards & PCT200 terminals . Everything goes fine until I try to move the application on a notebook. At this point I get a TerminalInitException ... I tried to read the logs and ... ups, it opens the wrong com port !  Here's the line in my opencard.properties :
OpenCard.terminals = com.gieseckedevrient.opencard.terminal.GDCardTerminalFactory|COM1CardReader|GDGeneric|0

and here's the log :

OCF Card Terminal API
Copyright © Giesecke & Devrient GmbH
This is build no.400

Logfile 'CardFile.log.0' opened at July 1, 2004 10:27:33 AM CEST

Parameters of port 'COM3' are:

            baudrate = 9600
         # data bits = 8
         # stop bits = 2
              parity = EVEN
        flow control = NONE
   input buffer size = 4096
  output buffer size = 0

As you can see the terminal factory tries to open a terminal on COM3, but isn't this wrong ?
Plus, the same application (I mean that I copied the files from the pc to the notebook) works flawlessly on the pc ! I have tried an ASUS notebook (Windows XP) with an on board serial port, 2 Fujitsu notebooks on docking stations ( I know they aren't real COM ports, but the OS exposes them as COM so there shouldn't be problems .... or am I wrong?) . The strange thing is that even COM4 (port 3 on the properties file) is remapped to port COM3 in the log file .

Any ideas ?

TIA
    Marco
--- > Visit the OpenCard web site at http://www.opencard.org/ for more > information on OpenCard---binaries, source code, documents. > This list is being archived at http://www.opencard.org/archive/opencard/ ! To unsubscribe from the [EMAIL PROTECTED] mailing list send an email ! to ! [EMAIL PROTECTED] ! containing the word ! unsubscribe ! in the body.