Continuing the question of traversing a large graph. Many are talking about
the importance of context. When I cook pasta I can put much of my memory
content on standby. I do not need to consider knowledge of physics, math,
sports, cars, people, friends, etc.... I lower the load by at least two
orders of magnitude, maybe three.

In neurons the distal portion of the dendrite can form coincidence detector
out of groups of say 40 synapses. If five triggers not much signal sent to
the soma. With 20 triggering large signal sent (none linear exponential
raise with number). This can provide a context priming.

With a graph we could mark each node with a sparse coded vector and sip
distant nodes on a first pass. If we have time and are "deep thinking" we
can consider more distant nodes.

Just an idea.

Ed

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/opencog/fd40ec1c-f76e-4e95-840b-46c6fb03c99e%40googlegroups.com.