It's certainly possible to use OpenCog at a platform and toolset for
creating a concept search engine...   I sorta feel like the ways of
doing so fall into two categories though...

1) ways that, while they can be done inside Opencog, could be done
more easily outside OpenCog

2) ways that are quite hard, though very interesting, because they
require implementing some custom inference control heuristics for
guiding PLN backward chaining as it estimates semantic similarity
between phrases (based on the background knowledge loaded into the
Atomspace)

I.e. if you just want to build links between words, and cluster words
based on their similarities, etc. then OpenCog can be used as a
framework, but may not add that much value.  But if you want to
extract meanings from phrases and then deal with the subtletly of
estimating similarity between the semantic structures corresponding to
phrases, then OpenCog does potentially add huge value, but it's not a
trivial road to follow..

-- Ben

On Sat, Sep 10, 2016 at 4:01 PM, Amirouche Boubekki
<amirouche.boube...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Héllo,
>
> I am looking to build a concept search engine. I want to know if there is
> prior work done using
> opencog in particular or similar approaches that could help in this task.
> And more generaly is there work done in the field of text mining using
> opencog.
>
> Do you know any papers in the field of text retrieval and text mining that I
> could use to help me in this task? I mostly interested in approaches that
> apply to opencog, but could be interested in other approaches.
>
> Do you think concept search could be implemented in opencog? What are the
> relevant part of
> opencog I should have a look at?
>
> Best regards,
>

> Amirouche
>

> PS: If you interested in search engines and text retrieval, you might be
> interested by a recent dump of hackernews I've done using the new HN API. I
> extracted urls which have a score of at least 3. It's around 500k urls of
> mostly computer science related articles:
> http://hyperdev.fr/data/hn/hn.urls.txt.xz (8 MB)
>
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/opencog/9752b39d-0cb0-4f35-82eb-4babb0a145ba%40googlegroups.com.

Ben Goertzel, PhD
http://goertzel.org

Super-benevolent super-intelligence is the thought the Global Brain is
currently struggling to form...

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/opencog/CACYTDBfu%3DYqC-6QzVc8jqTvDkzSkf2EEN%2B9j8mGcPN_yoHZ2Jg%40mail.gmail.com.