Hi Tom,

Hmm, it's true that the best Atomspaces I'm aware of are for
proprietary projects (a Hanson Robotics one with some
robot-character-personality stuff; and one for a consulting project
that has a customer's product catalogue and related info loaded into
it...)

There is a bio-Atomspace with a bunch of bio-ontologies in it, but
that's kinda specialized...

Creating a good Atomspace for public use, is a good project that
should be done, I agree...

Senna has made the best start for this, I think, via writing code to
import Simple English Wikipedia into the Atomspace, and saving a bunch
of these Atoms in postgres...

We could perhaps put a big Postgres DB on AWS somewhere, containing
Atoms resultant from parsing Simple English Wikipedia.   That would be
a start.

Be aware however that parsing Simple English Wikipedia currently
results in a lot of Atoms, i.e. way more than you're gonna fit in RAM
one one machine unless you have a supercomputer...

ben

On Sat, Oct 29, 2016 at 6:33 AM,  <tom.maynard.rho...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Specifically - I am trying to do the formalization of the legal knowledge
> and I find it necessary to use the real-world concepts, e.g. formalization
> of the VAT tax law requires ontologies of goods, of delivery terms, of
> company types. It would be easier to contribute in already existing
> knowledge base than to build it from scratch.
>
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/opencog/b5f6352c-38e0-4a1b-a257-7c850937e022%40googlegroups.com.

Ben Goertzel, PhD
http://goertzel.org

“I tell my students, when you go to these meetings, see what direction
everyone is headed, so you can go in the opposite direction. Don’t
polish the brass on the bandwagon.” – V. S. Ramachandran

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/opencog/CACYTDBcxZsytD06gAjT%3D2e92xGvtNqWjYRbbY-D2gwZSSzeHpw%40mail.gmail.com.