I believe the BC itself is mature enough. However there are still a few commits on the pattern matcher that I need to push and discuss with Linas (these commits are only required if you use meta rules, as far as I remember). Some commits regarding PLN rules are also waiting to be committed.

So, to sum-up, almost complete and already usable. I still need to write the documentation and add more examples. For now you can take a look at the unit tests to get an idea of how to use it https://github.com/opencog/atomspace/blob/master/tests/rule-engine/BackwardChainerUTest.cxxtest

Nil