Thanks Ben,

My background in CS is modest as are my programming skills. I have a BA in
computer science. I have worked various IT jobs over the years -- none of which
involved serious programming.  Sorry if I gave the impression that I would code
(although down the road I think I would like to). I was just hoping to put my
head together with a buddy and see if we could generate some ideas -- at a
theoretical level.

I hope its not too naive to hope that i can make some progress in this area.  I
just feel that anything that goes on in our brains can be translated into code.
 But if I am wrong then at least laying out such a daunting problem in clear
terms and posting it would help invite others to tackle it.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/opencog/d8201234-9400-43a3-bcac-2ee07110def1%40googlegroups.com.