In light of the significant enhancements to the Raspberry Pi in version 3 now,
I'd like to re-visit this thread.  I am currently running a RPi 3, with
Raspbian Jessie, Python 3.4, OpenCV 3.2.0 and support code such as NumPy,
SciPy, SKLearn, Swig, etc., doing face detection and recognition, and
responding in real-time to visually recognized instances via espeak, and
controlling servos via SPI through the GPIOs to control eye movement to
maintain "eye contact" with the detected face's eyes.  In addition, I am
running CMUSphinx/PocketSphinx for speech recognition (still needs significant
training).  None of this is taxing my Pi significantly.  I just discovered
OpenCog while searching for an AI framework to pull all my cognitives together
and create a "presence", with the goal of creating a reasonably functional
conversational interactivity to go along with the CV, hearing and Speech
components.  Interested in hearing from folks who may have done, or be in
process with this.  Thanks.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/opencog/41122576-47d7-45b8-b944-55b89e5eb2b7%40googlegroups.com.