Three short comments:

1) PLN is a set of rules that run on top of the rule engine. Those rules,
when triggered, alter the "truth values" on atoms in certain ways. You (or
someone) should be able to create a different set of formulas for truth
values, that emulate the NARS formulas. You could then run PLN deductions
side by side with NARS deductions, and see which you like better (or even
create yet other kinds of formulas)

2) we have "relex2logic" rules, which convert natural language to logic
expressions. These are ... time-consuming to write, and by nature are
incomplete and buggy -- because natural language is a fluid, changing
thing. Hand-writing rules is a good exercise, but madness lies in that
direction.

3) the current diagram of how things connect is kind-of-ish reviewed here:
https://github.com/opencog/opencog/blob/master/opencog/eva/architecture/embodiment.pdf

--linas

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/opencog/CAHrUA34sfX7mVmpFdCP1_cDiKXaHPD%2B%3DUDxN4grdaOBYOuCcyw%40mail.gmail.com.