There already exists a python3 branch in the atomspace repo unfortunately I
never got it to work. This also contains a lot of changes I did trying to
get it to work but didn't help that might have to be reversed. And the
branch is over 2 years old not sure how much the python interface has
changed since then but might still be worth looking at it.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/opencog/82208a05-9809-47e3-a2fa-84c69ff156bd%40googlegroups.com.