I don't understand the question. What do you mean "takes forever"?
Are you compiling the file?  By default, when you load an scm file,
the guile compiler runs. This can take a very long time, if the file
is large. It is also a complete waste of time, if the file contains
only atoms and nothing else.  It would be best to just disable
compilation -- i.e. use primitive-load instead of load

https://www.gnu.org/software/guile/manual/html_node/Loading.html

viz do not use load_scm(), it is probably mis-handling the compilation step.

The other alternative is to dump your atoms into an sql db and use
that, however, this is a bit more complex if you are not regularly
working with big data.

--linas

On Fri, Feb 16, 2018 at 8:42 AM, Michael Duncan <mjsdun...@gmail.com> wrote:
> it's a hack but you could put (load "output2.scm") in your ~/.guile file or
> some other guile config file so it would automatically load when guile is
> invoked.  or the guile -l flag will run an arbitrary scheme file...
>
> On Friday, February 16, 2018 at 8:55:13 AM UTC-5, Eyob wrote:
>>
>> Is it possible to have initial group of atoms to exist by default in the
>> atomspace?
>>
>> This seems to be a critical requirement in the following setting.
>>
>> I have a python code that uses something like
>>
>> from opencog.scheme_wrapper import load_scm, scheme_eval_h
>>

>> atomspace = AtomSpace()
>>

>> load_scm(atomspace,"{}/output2.scm".format(os.getcwd()))
>>

>> Bascially the problem is it takes forever to load atoms in the file
>> output2.scm from within python while using "load_scm", while it takes few
>> seconds to do it in guile.
>>
>> So, if initial atoms that are in output2.scm could have been loaded
>> initially somehow by default, then doing  "atomspace=Atomspace( )" would
>> load the initial set of atoms the app needs automatically,
>> which would help avoid using load_scm with output2.scm.
>>
>> Thanks.
>
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/opencog/021a499b-efbd-47c9-8c88-422cca23fab4%40googlegroups.com.

cassette tapes - analog TV - film cameras - you

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/opencog/CAHrUA36jWxjVLRmmtdKe_MGP%2BSLSbAzDJiNwbk43Jc3Dk79ezw%40mail.gmail.com.