Hi Abu,

The changes you propose are completely reasonable.

If you really want to participate in the formal coding process, you should
create a github pull request with these changes in them. .. or I could make
them for you. Let me know.

A word of caution about as-moses: it may have some unintended performance
profile. The original moses got very optimized to run fast; but the
atomspace is an in RAM graph database which means it has indexes which
means index insertion has a real cost.  Exactly how the two get stapled
together is an open work item.

-----
BTW -- if Nil or Kasim or other as-moses people are listening -- perhaps it
makes more sense to have make combo-trees be Value-trees during the
computation -- Values are NOT indexed, they're meant to be fast, provide
fast access.  Then after computation is done, the best trees, the results
can be copied into the atomspace.

Another possibility might be to have either a tree-Value, (i.e. a new kind
of Value that is a combo-tree) or something that converts LinkValues into
combo trees (or vice-versa).   All of this might alleviate issues related
to performance and mapping & etc. I don't know where you guys have these
design discussions, but if any of this sounds appealing, let me know; I can
clarify details.

--linas

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/opencog/CAHrUA35L-f0_VkcPfXzTK%2BhwVtVKzD78NCo1MnCH2ep%3Dhc%3DodQ%40mail.gmail.com.