Hi Paarulakan ..

Why scheme instead of lisp?  Well, scheme is a modern-lisp, having cleaned
up assorted messes and inconsistencies and ugly-bits.   Kind of like asking
"why C instead of fortran?"

Why guile-scheme instead of some other scheme? Guile offered vastly
superior integration into C/C++ than any other scheme out there. I don't
know if that's still true or not. Certainly, all  schemes/lisps have
"foreign function interfaces" -- FFI's but I don't believe that's enough --
we're not just invoking foreign functions, there's a whole bunch of
backward-foreward movement between  the code in each language.

-- Linas

--
cassette tapes - analog TV - film cameras - you