--- Giuseppe Ghibo' <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Anyone knows why I'm getting OpenDX 4.1.3 not compiling? I got the
> following errors:

> c++ ... -I/usr/X11R6/include -c
> DXChild.C
> DXChild.C:132: declaration of `int getdtablesize ()' throws different
> exceptions
> /usr/include/unistd.h:857: than previous declaration `int getdtablesize
> () throw ()'
> The system where I'm compiling on is Linux Mandrake, X86 arch,
> and I'm using lesstif 0.92.95, and Imagemagick 5.3.7 (but I tried every

The DX source is for some reason explicitly prototyping this function in the
source even when it is detected.  Until this is fixed, try -fno-exceptions in
your CFLAGS and CXXFLAGS.  If you build CVS at some point, you'll also likely
need to update your autoconf as only recent versions avoid conflicts with the
C++ throw() business.  I've also read somewhere that explicit -I/usr/include
refs on the compilation line may trigger this, but that's probably a rumor.

(C++: the more it mutates, the uglier it gets.)

Randall