Randy,

Thanks.  Both suggestions worked well.  I'm going to go with: dx -script
-whatever.net -processors 1, unless there is a way to keep the visual
window from coming up.  (I'm guessing this is where the program gets the
.gif snapshots.)  Thanks for your help.

Alma Oliphant
Honeywell FM&T
Kansas City, MO
(816) 997-4699

                    Randall Hopper

                    <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>                   To:
opendx2-dev@lists.berlios.de
                    Sent by:                            cc:

                    [EMAIL PROTECTED]        Subject:     Re: [opendx-dev] Run
w/o the GUI
                    on.ibm.com

                    07/30/2001 09:33 AM

                    Please respond to opendx-dev

--- [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>      /usr/local/bin/dx -program picCreate.net -execute
> This brings up the GUI and does a charm of a job with the data, but I'm
> looking to run this without the GUI running.
>
> Question:
> How do I get this to work without bringing up the GUI?

Adding -menubar -suppress will get you close. Or try "dx -script
whatever.net"
instead.  Depending on your platform and whether you use
Display modules, you may need to add "-processors 1" for script mode.

Randy

--
Randall Hopper (mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED])
Lockheed Martin Operation Support