Per my comment yesterday, I have found the overall design for networks of
similar size to strongly influence these performance issues.  It doesn't
make the problem go away, but helps work around it.

Also, the basic speed of the UI on a particular machine is driven primarly
by the clock speed of a single cpu given no architecture-specific
optimization in the code.  So that dual 300 MHz SGI is a slug compared to a
cheap PC with a GHz processor, lots of RAM and a decent gaming card.

Randall Hopper <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>@opendx.watson.ibm.com on 08/28/2001
08:04:37 AM

Please respond to opendx2-dev@lists.berlios.de

Sent by:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]