_newtri.c projects 3-D FLEs into 2D intelligently.  If a FLE is planar in
three-space, projecting it into two-space preserves its topology, unless it
projects onto a plane perpendicular to the FLE plane.  I have little doubt
that there remain cases that don't triangulate successfully - doing
geometric processing in 3D is very prone to error, and its very difficult
(or impossible) to anticipate all the cases where weird things happen.  You
just gotta debug them.  Quadrille paper comes in *very* handy.

Greg

Randall Hopper <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>@opendx.watson.ibm.com on 11/01/2001
10:49:30 PM

Please respond to opendx2-dev@lists.berlios.de