Brad Ackerman wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 16, 2001 at 08:29:41AM -0500, Richard Gillilan wrote:
>
> > (http://fink.sourceforge.net/files/dlcompat-20010123.tar.gz)
>
> http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/fink/dlcompat-20010831.tar.gz is
> the current version.

Thanks Brad! Good to hear from you again.

I was pretty discouraged looking over recent postings on the
darwin-dev list. (see for example the "Gnome on Darwin" thread).
It seems that many people are unhappy with dyld type of dynamic
implementations of dlopen() etc. functions... so I don't understand
how dlcompat fits into all this. All I care is that it works.
There is an old message on darwinfo indicating that this functionality
might make it into the official release at some point. I hope so,
but config hasn't picked it up yet. Thanks for the pointer,
I'll give it a try.

Richard Gillilan
MacCHESS
Cornell