Marco,

I looked through your attached patch and have a couple of questions. I understand the problems with the headers stream.h versus stream and would add those patches, but what is up with needing to add the standard namespace to methods? Is there some new ANSI document that the GCC group is following to make not including it an error?

By the way, the yacc'd files are included in the libtool branch because it is required that they be generated by bison (not any generic yaccer). Since we don't want to require someone who wants to compile it to use bison, we just include the resultant files with the archive.

David

This patch should fix the use of standard c++ header.
Build with gcc 3.2 on linux.

I'm not sure about your policy for the standard namespace.
Currently, I've simply put std:: in front of
every object declared in the standard namespace,
as some old compilers simply ignore it (gcc 2.95).
This could break the code with some old compilers.
What should I do? Should I add "using" directives at the beginning
of ech file, with #ifdef USE_STD around them? I don't like
this solution, but I can modify the patch if you think
it's the right thing.

The patch is against the libtool branch.

Regards,

Marco Morandini

P.S.
src/exec/dxmods/_compparse.c

and

src/exec/dxmods/_compparse.h

were removed from main trunk but not from libtool branch?
If yes, is this correct?

David L. Thompson                   Visualization and Imagery Solutions, Inc.
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]    5515 Skyway Drive, Missoula, MT 59804
                                    Phone : (406)257-8530