I downloaded OpenDX from www.opendx.org.br.
The same problem occurs whem I try to build any
stand-alone program which use CallModule library (from
/usr/lpp/dx/samples/callmodule).
I discovered that these libraries needed to build
OpenDX (from $(BASE)/lib_$(ARCH)/arch.mak): -ltiff
-lfreetype -llibjpeg -ljasper -lmpeg2 -ldf -ljbig
-lMagick -lcdf -lnetcdf, aren't present in my
workstation.
There is a repository with the libraries needed to
build OpenDX with any in inboard module or
callmodules?

Thanks in advance,
Mardoqueu.

 --- Randy Polson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> escreveu:

> "The netCDF library also defines a
> machine-independent format for representing
> scientific data."
> from http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/netcdf/
>
> first question: did you complie OpenDX, or did you
> download it?
>   if you complied it yourself, then you may need a
> complier flag to point
> to the library
> (-L/directory/where/netcdf/is/located).
>
> The same type of error may arise for the cdf library
> (other
> scientific
> data, necessary for examples) and the ImageMagick
> library.
>
> -RP
>

> On Wed, 8 Jan 2003, [iso-8859-1] Mardoqueu Vieira
> wrote:
>
> > I've been copiling and linking the Hello module
> > (inboard), described in Programmers's guide
> section
> > 2.2(Adding the Hello Module), on RedHat 8.0 with
> > OpenDX 4.2.0, and I recieved the following output
> > message:
> >
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED] dx_samples]$ make hello
> > /usr/local/dx/bin/mdf2c hello.mdf > userhello.c
> > gcc -I/usr/local/dx/include  -g -O2 -Wall -g -O2
> > -I/usr/X11R6/include -D_GNU_SOU
> > RCE userhello.c hello.c -L/usr/local/dx/lib_ -lDX
> > -lnsl  -lnetcdf -lcdf -lXpm -l
> > dl -lXm -lXp -lGLU -lGL -L/usr/lib
> -L/usr/X11R6/lib
> > -L/usr/local/lib -lMagick -l
> > jbig -ldf -lmpeg2 -ltiff -lfreetype -ljasper
> -ljpeg
> > -lpng -ldpstk -ldps -lXext -
> > lXt -lSM -lICE -lX11 -lbz2 -lxml2 -lz -lpthread
> -lm
> > -Wl,-export-dynamic -o dxexe
> > /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lnetcdf
> > collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> > make: *** [hello] Error 1
> >

> > Basically it says that the netcdf library was not
> > found, Can anyone help?
> >
> > I'd appreciate any insight on my problem.
> > Thanks in advance.
> >
> > Mardoqueu Vieira.

> > Busca Yahoo!
> > O melhor lugar para encontrar tudo o que você
> procura na Internet
> > http://br.busca.yahoo.com/

Busca Yahoo!
O serviço de busca mais completo da Internet. O que você pensar o Yahoo!
encontra.
http://br.busca.yahoo.com/