Martin S. Tignor wrote:
> On Tue, 2003-02-25 at 22:36, Rob Lahaye wrote:
>
>>The new menu item "File->Recent Programs" is always empty after a new start
>>of the VPE. During the session, opened programs are added the Recent Programs
>>list, but these are all gone in the next session.
>
> Can you post me your settings for the following environment variables?
> XAPPLRESDIR
> XUSERFILESEARCHPATH
> XFILESEARCHPATH

Thanks for the fix to CVS. I've found the culprit: I already
had a directory $HOME/DX for my own DX network files. Grumph!

But the choice $HOME/DX as the file for saving DX issues, is
not that obvious. Along common unix lines, I would recommend
to use a directory $HOME/.DX where this file (and possibly
others in the future) are saved, e.g. $HOME/.DX/DX.

How many items can appear in "Recent Programs"? If this number
is limitless, this could become an undoable long list!
Imagine this list grows to 200 or more!?!
Or is a maximum number hardcoded? If so, how many?

Regards,
Rob.